National HME - Not the place to work if you have a family | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National HME

"Not the place to work if you have a family"

Former Employee - Mst
Former Employee - Mst

I worked at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people in their time of need.

Cons

garbage equipment
long hours
being on call
poor management
you are just a number, not a person
expensive benefits

Advice to Management

Learn to treat people fair. You say you are a Christian company, but you tell lies, promise false dreams.

Other Employee Reviews for National HME

"The best and most rewarding job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager

Pros

Contrary to what some people are saying about National HME, they are wrong, jealous or just mad at the world for some reason. National HME has took me in from knowing nothing about DME, put me in the warehouse to learn about the equipment, gave me trainning which was above and beyond and the support I needed to succeed in this company. I worked my way up from nothing working hard and put my loyality into this company, to a Branch Operations Manager, DRIVERS can work their way up thru the company too. The Operations Manager over me is a godsend and has taught and supported me with unwaivering care and upmost respect, not to forget the Current Compliance Officer who has been there for support, knowledge not only to me but to my enti8re team. Most DME companies do not offer health insurance much less a complete benefits package like National HME. The upper management team has the compassion for the patients of National HME, they had to earn their respect and their positions. Some past employees took their positions for granted, failed and maybe that is why they were weeded out because they were like cancers, they had to be removed. National HME has a terrific management team across the country, dedicated and respected directors and you will never find owners who care not only for their patients but their employees too.

Cons

Sure the hours can be long and tiring, but the shear reward of knowing you have helped someone in need is worth it all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have grown a wonderful company that is compassionate and caring. You have a wonderful heart. Weed out the bad apples that want to spread vemon. Most of all, thank you for a wonderful place I can call home and a career that truly is rewarding! Lookinh forward to many years with National HME

"Heard positive, received negative"

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping patients, and families with end of life care

Cons

When comparing other DME companies pay and benefits, we are at the bottom. When we point this out, management will go as far as to make baseless accusations about those other companies (saying they are committing fraud, etc).

We are told promotions are at our finger tips based on our performance, yet senior staff have been left to stagnate in their same positions and pay for years while being highly praised by patients and other employees. Yet family friends or relatives are hired into positions created needlessly at higher pay, or else are promoted within weeks, regardless of experience.

When anyone brings up their concerns, the responses received from management are either complete dismissal or else a thinly veiled threat of termination. We are told that if we don't appreciate our position, we should just "go out and try to find other work." We are all so over-worked that none of us really care about the job anymore -- especially when all we receive are empty promises. We've learned just to do what they need as fast as they need it done in order to avoid being berated when management comes around. We used to care about patients and try to help them; but now we are in and out because our times are watched very close to protect the
    company's bottom line.

We are losing great employees at a fast rate, we need better leadership.

Advice to Management

If you are concerned about your bottom line, start by shaving off the top. Don't consolidate positions arbitrarily and then expect middle management to absorb the responsibilities with minimal pay increase. Promote based on performance, not based on favoritism. Don't expect from your baseline employees more respect than you give them. Don't assume that their loyalty is deserved by you, when you do nothing to earn it.