National HME - Making friends in a not so friendly atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National HME

"Making friends in a not so friendly atmosphere"

Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX
Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The conatcts you make, and the strength you find with the crew that knows what's going on

Cons

What can I say that hasn't already been said? We do not follow DOT regulations and I was always concerned with saftey issues. Equipment is in bad shape and our managers have told us its not our concern. They are so busy trying to create bonuses for themselves or make false claims to get friends promoted the real hard workers leave. If you are injured on the job you are told you can be terminated because lite duty does not exist, however if you know the manager you can get injured off the job and get lite duty. Its all about retalitaion against good employees and smoke and mirrors with corporate. We lost some management, and hourly employees while I was there that were qualified and able to do this job but due to poor management, and a hostile work environment they took their talents elsewhere.

Advice to Management

New middle management I bet you stop seeing such a high turn over rate. Also actual math and reading tests for those who are, and want to be managers. It will really help with knowing who can function at that level. Call some of your recent ex employees that worked there over a year and decided to find new work and ask why they left. It will probably help resolvle some in house issues.

Other Employee Reviews for National HME

1. "MST"

Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time

Pros

Good company to work for supervisors are good people.

Cons

I cant say much becuase for the most part the company is on point.

"If you're looking for fulfillment and chances for advancement, this is your company."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richland Hills, TX

Pros

It's all about helping people in a time of need. Every person has the ability through their job to help patients either directly or indirectly. There are a lot of really passionate and caring people that work here and everyone really seems to care about each other.

All equipment is in really good shape compared to others in the industry.

Cons

Everything must be done with urgency. When working with hospice patients time is always of the essence.

Advice to Management

My feedback would be to continue to celebrate the high performers and continue to let them be apart of the company influence.