National HME - When the going gets tough... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National HME

"When the going gets tough..."

Pros

A few great employees, with their hearts in the right place.

Cons

Extremely long work hours, no recognition, don't give you the training or tools to be successful, when things get tough don't bother to coach or mentor just blame.

Advice to Management

You need to provide the tools to help the employees succeed. The moto seems to be "When the going gets tough, throw your subordinate under the bus, back up and run them over again and again."

Other Employee Reviews for National HME

"Making friends in a not so friendly atmosphere"

Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The conatcts you make, and the strength you find with the crew that knows what's going on

Cons

What can I say that hasn't already been said? We do not follow DOT regulations and I was always concerned with saftey issues. Equipment is in bad shape and our managers have told us its not our concern. They are so busy trying to create bonuses for themselves or make false claims to get friends promoted the real hard workers leave. If you are injured on the job you are told you can be terminated because lite duty does not exist, however if you know the manager you can get injured off the job and get lite duty. Its all about retalitaion against good employees and smoke and mirrors with corporate. We lost some management, and hourly employees while I was there that were qualified and able to do this job but due to poor management, and a hostile work environment they took their talents elsewhere.

Advice to Management

New middle management I bet you stop seeing such a high turn over rate. Also actual math and reading tests for those who are, and want to be managers. It will really help with knowing who can function at that level. Call some of your recent ex employees that worked there over a year and decided to find new work and ask why they left. It will probably help resolvle some in house issues.

2. "MST"

Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time

Pros

Good company to work for supervisors are good people.

Cons

I cant say much becuase for the most part the company is on point.