National Health Educators - National Health Educators (NHE Certification) Mentor Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

"National Health Educators (NHE Certification) Mentor Job"

Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

I have worked for NHE for 3 months as an NHE Phone Mentor and really have enjoyed the flexibility. They have an excellent training program for those with little to no telecommuting experience. I had never previously heard of national health educators before getting a few emails from them relating to their career opportunities. Before I took their qualification exams, I researched and asked around and was very impressed with the type of feedback I was receiving from colleagues and others in the industry. The educational format and the degree to which they qualify professional to ensure they are well trained is spectacular and it is the primary reason I wanted to work with them.

Cons

They have made a full conversion to cloud. I prefer to have a book in front of me or to be able to make notations in my reference books.

Advice to Management

Bring back textbooks!

Other Employee Reviews for National Health Educators

"Social Media Contributor (SMD)"

Current Employee - Certified Personal Trainer
    Current Employee - Certified Personal Trainer

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) I can work my own hours. 2) I can complete all of next weeks work on a Friday (my lightest day as a personal trainer) and not have to do anything else until the following Friday. The flexibility is the PRIMARY benefit of this job. The other good thing is that the company all but does the work for you by laying down in great detail everything that they need to complete finalize projects (called submittals).

Cons

The starting pay is ok but not great. They have a progressive pay-scale every six months which helps moral. If the pay didn't increase as quickly as it does, it would still be a good job but maybe not as rewarding for someone who has a lot of expertise and can work somewhere else for much higher pay. Although the trade off is the fact that you do not have to go into the office so it balances out.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice to management. They seem to know what their doing and it's all very specific and detailed. Possibly add more content features?

"NHE review"

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

I was initially attracted to NHE because of their international affiliations. I was particularly interested in working with their French division. If you have international fitness instruction aspirations, I recommend this company.

Cons

A downside would be no career advancements.

Advice to Management

Create pathways to upper management. Seems like the top jobs are locked out for new comers.