National Health Educators - Mentor Position at NHE Certification | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

"Mentor Position at NHE Certification"

Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a work from home job so you have total control over your own schedule which allows me to take care of my kids and still have a good job.

Cons

The fact that it is a work from home job means you don't get to leave the house to go to work which means I miss out on working with people and the friendships and relationships that you get when you work with co-workers.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice.

Other Employee Reviews for National Health Educators

"Exercise Course Instructor"

Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exercise course instructors have similar responsibilities has personal trainers. The flexibility in work schedule are essentially similar as well. They let you sit down with one of their regional managers and they ask you what hours you want and on which days. I prefer this to when I did personal training because the students, who are people wanting to come into the industry, are far more attentive when I teach about physiology or exercise fundamentals. My clients care less about the details because they just want to get in shape and many of them don’t really care how it works.

Cons

A major con is when students are late. Unlike personal training, where you may have more control over late penalties or what not, as an NHE employee you have to go out of your way to accommodate those who may be adversely affected by someone else showing up late. It can have a domino effect if you let people take the schedule for granted.

Advice to Management

Management should implement some sort of late penalty or fee.

"National Health Educators (NHE Certification) Mentor Job"

Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

I have worked for NHE for 3 months as an NHE Phone Mentor and really have enjoyed the flexibility. They have an excellent training program for those with little to no telecommuting experience. I had never previously heard of national health educators before getting a few emails from them relating to their career opportunities. Before I took their qualification exams, I researched and asked around and was very impressed with the type of feedback I was receiving from colleagues and others in the industry. The educational format and the degree to which they qualify professional to ensure they are well trained is spectacular and it is the primary reason I wanted to work with them.

Cons

They have made a full conversion to cloud. I prefer to have a book in front of me or to be able to make notations in my reference books.

Advice to Management

Bring back textbooks!