National Health Educators - PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

"PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a certified professional trainer so my job still allows me to train many of my veteran clients with the same flexibility. NHE has flexible scheduling for part time. A very easy job for trainers.

Cons

The pay basically breaks down to about 37 bucks an hour. That is a significant compensation drop from what I earn as a personal trainer and the work is essentially the same.

Advice to Management

Pay us more money please.

Other Employee Reviews for National Health Educators

"Review for Personal Fitness Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This by far is the best job I have had since graduating. It's a WFH with flexible hours-no weekends and no late nights. Working for one of the best companies in the fitness industry is also a plus.

Cons

They make you take a test before you can work for them. Horribly hard. You can have a masters degree in exercise physiology and you still have to test with them.

Advice to Management

If someone has a masters degree, that should be good enough to work anywhere. The classes and courses I took in school prepared me well and that should factor into their decision making.

"Excellent Job for Exercise Science Pros!"

Current Employee - WCA Regional Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - WCA Regional Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Programs are top notch programs so the material is the latest in the industry. This is most appreciated by those of us who have transferred from other fitness companies (no names mentioned). The scheduling is flexible and there are Holidays and vacation that is fully paid. Good options for benefits as well.

Cons

ERP for vehicle reimbursement is not 100% but it's close enough.

Advice to Management

Too many meetings and conference calls.