National Health Educators - Real fitness job with no selling!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

"Real fitness job with no selling!!"

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ
Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlike every other personal trainer job I've had, I do not have to spend my time generating business for the company.

Cons

There is very little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management team to schedule more evening classes during the week.

Other Employee Reviews for National Health Educators

"NHE Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NHE allows me to create very complex programs which i like because there are essentially no limitations to what I can create. I work my own schedule so I can attend my sons little league practices on time.

Cons

From my understanding there is little to no growth opportunity. I'm not sure this is something I want to end my career with so I may need to look for a job in a few years so that I grow as a professional and not stay two dimensional.

Advice to Management

Possibly consider a residual comp program for those of us who create extensive programs that make NHE tons of money. The one and done payment philosophy, which is essentially the salary is not very motivating.

"National Health Educators PFMS"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros for my type of work is the fact that I can design a realist schedule that works well with school. The other great thing is that I don't have to work at smelly gym.

Cons

I loved being able to work alongside other professionals at my previous wellness job. Due to the economy, my boss had to let a bunch of us go but I really miss working with people. I think you become a better professional when you can share ideas in a group setting. My job now doesn't offer that because it's a WFH.

Advice to Management

Set up more conference calls with all PFMS personnel. Make them voluntary and offer them often enough to allow as many as possible to join. Also, podcast them.