National Income Life - Why you should work at Nilico | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Income Life

"Why you should work at Nilico"

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in New York, NY
Current Employee - Supervising Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have learned more about myself in 6months than I have as a retail manager for 10 years and made more money in 6months than my last yearly salary. The only one that stands in your way of your growth is you!!!

Cons

Hard work, dedication and vision.

Advice to Management

continue to cultivate talent.

Other Employee Reviews for National Income Life

"They paint a pretty picture but leave you with a void"

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Rochester, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are the type of person that is ok with having no outside life, has no family responsibilities, and low monthly expenses this job is for you. You will make piles of money and have tons of fun.

Cons

Long hours, working weekends, nights, holidays.... Inconsistent pay. Rarely told you are doing a good job, instead always pointing out what you should have done differently. Really it is a cult like atmosphere that pushes being positive at the expense of reality. No one I know that works there has a healthy home relationship unless they become a successful MGA

Advice to Management

Treat your agents like people. Often the GA's and SA's are just putting on a front of compassion and knowledge. You are losing people because your people on the ground see new agents as dollar signs not people. Your toolbox for success is a shoehorn to force people into the model that you think all agents should fit. If I could be a part time sales person I would be there still but instead I worked all hours of a week never being able to accomplish all that I was suppose to. It wore down my body, my family, and my soul. I started out enthusiastic but was worn down by inconstant bosses that tried to be my best friend one day then through me under the bus the next.

"Very pushy style of doing business"

Pros

Potential to make good money for hard work.

Cons

They bundle up some insurance products and push small amts of whole life insurance disquising it as something else. If people say no they tell you your doing it wrong. They expect you to be very pushy. Mandatory 6 days a week work schedule.