National Instruments - Awesome place to work | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

The environment is healthy, relaxed and open.

Cons

Salary is below average, still nothing to be concerned.

Advice to Management

Improve the salary basis.

Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments

"If You Have To Work It Might As Well Be On Something Interesting"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

I enjoy the project that I work on. I feel like I have a lot of freedom in the technical decisions that I make.

Cons

I think the pay could be a little better. I've been at NI for many years and I hardly make more than when I was hired (of course, I was hired right before the great economic collapse of 2008 and like almost all NI employees I didn't lose my job so.....)

Advice to Management

Maybe try and be a little more competitive with pay. That actually applies extra for remote R&D facilities. My group works closely with another group in another country and we frequently lose good people from that group because of issues dealing with overwork and pay. If you are going to try and save a little money by opening a remote R&D facility (notice to the readers, NI doesn't lay off employees in Austin to staff these facilities, they just start growing more slowly in Austin) then can't you spare a little bit extra to pay them competitively so we can get the best?

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

NI has a great culture, honest management, competitive pay, great benefits, awesome products, an on site doctor, on site gym, three cafeterias, Austin is a great city. It all adds up to a great place to build a career.

Cons

You might be able to make a few dollars more somewhere else, especially mid career, but if you stick it out and perform you will be rewarded. This is a rare company that you can spend a career at.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the 100 year plan and do not fall into the trap of paying attention to the analysts quarterly expectations.