National Interstate - Business as usual. | Glassdoor

"Business as usual."

Former Employee - Senior Examiner in Richfield, OH

I worked at National Interstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy access to the Richfild location. Most of the senior examiners are well-qualified, so their work product is good.

Cons

Management prefers yes-men for supervisory positions, and favoritism is obvious. Management is not open to new ideas. Incompetence is tolerated. Salary is based partially on seniority, which is obsolete. There is no technical claims training for claims adjusters with limited skills. There are too many managers. Too many managers review the same claim files. The claims manager has no relations with rank & file. Vacation time is minimal for the industry. There is no flex time. The employer 401K contributuion is minimal, and you have to wait until the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Great American Insurance is seeking to purchase NI's outstanding shares, and take over operations. Assist them. NI would benefit from Great American's insight and resources.

National Interstate2014-02-27
  1. "Natl is an awesome work place!!!"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Richfield, OH

I have been working at National Interstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here just less than a year and I love working here. I get to work with amazing, talented people who also love what they are doing . I have the freedom and empowerment to take my career wherever I want to go with support from the upper management. A beautiful facility and campus with many awesome perks. I'm part of an award winning "Best" IT group in northeast OH and I'm proud to be an employee. We are constantly growing and everyday is a new challenge with something new to work on and discover. I'm lucky to be a full-time employee here at NATL.

Cons

There are no cons here at NATL.

National Interstate2019-07-26
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Product in Richfield, OH

I have been working at National Interstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good managers and insurance products

Cons

Lost many nice benefits this past year

National Interstate2019-11-20

Discover more reviews about National Interstate.