National University of Health Sciences - NUHS – keep looking, don't apply here. | Glassdoor

"NUHS – keep looking, don't apply here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at National University of Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unfortunately, I can't think of any pros to list aside from interacting with some really unique people via the student body… There's nothing else to comment on regarding my employment there that was positive.

Cons

There are a some good folks in the bunch at national, but they are very few in number. those in upper management are horribly qualified for the roles that they hold and run the institution poorly. Inter-office relationships between upper level management and their direct reports runs rampant as well as promiscuous behavior between faculty members and students. It's sad to see such a once well respected institution...

Advice to Management

Please stop acting like prepubescent teenagers

National University of Health Sciences2017-07-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Work Study Employee"

I worked at National University of Health Sciences

Pros

Worked in several departments as a part of work study program. Everyone at the university is friendly and understands school comes before work.

Cons

It's work study, nothing glamorous. But no complains about the school or my immediate supervisors.

Advice to Management

None.

National University of Health Sciences2018-04-04

"Good people who care"

I worked at National University of Health Sciences full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of the administrators, faculty and staff at NUHS. Most cared and sincerely wanted to have in impact on the future of healthcare. I didn't have issues getting tasks accomplished and collaborating with my peers.

Cons

There were some challenging individuals to work with. I subscribe to reason that they had a doctor's ego. Administration does want the best for the institution, but some hard decisions were made at the expense of the employee (salary freezes).

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, there is an innovative bunch within your ranks that will help push the mission of university.

National University of Health Sciences2017-10-20

Discover more reviews about National University of Health Sciences.