National University of Health Sciences - HH | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"HH"

Current Employee - Faculty in Lombard, IL
Current Employee - Faculty in Lombard, IL

I have been working at National University of Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Faculty is dedicated to improving their professions.

Cons

Administration takes shortcuts in salaries. Shady hiring practices include failure to post administrative job openings and hiring family members and spouses into positions that were never posted to university community or general public.

Other Employee Reviews for National University of Health Sciences

1. "Good people who care"

I worked at National University of Health Sciences full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of the administrators, faculty and staff at NUHS. Most cared and sincerely wanted to have in impact on the future of healthcare. I didn't have issues getting tasks accomplished and collaborating with my peers.

Cons

There were some challenging individuals to work with. I subscribe to reason that they had a doctor's ego. Administration does want the best for the institution, but some hard decisions were made at the expense of the employee (salary freezes).

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, there is an innovative bunch within your ranks that will help push the mission of university.

"NUHS – keep looking, don't apply here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at National University of Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unfortunately, I can't think of any pros to list aside from interacting with some really unique people via the student body… There's nothing else to comment on regarding my employment there that was positive.

Cons

There are a some good folks in the bunch at national, but they are very few in number. those in upper management are horribly qualified for the roles that they hold and run the institution poorly. Inter-office relationships between upper level management and their direct reports runs rampant as well as promiscuous behavior between faculty members and students. It's sad to see such a once well respected institution be run into the ground as it is currently. They treat their employees poorly. The pay scale is very much behind the standard median level for all positions although I'm sure it's higher for those who belong to the upper management levels "clique." upper-level management run their offices and base their administrative mandates on personal opinion With little to no regard for any kind of feedback or input from employees and reward their subordinates who are loyal to them personally or are part of their closed, tight knit clique.

Advice to Management

Please stop acting like prepubescent teenagers