National Urban League - Mediocrity Rules | Glassdoor
  1. "Mediocrity Rules"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at National Urban League full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large national presence; historic organization

Cons

If you are loyal, don't care about making professional advancement, this place is perfect. You could be absolutely terrible at your job and spend a lifetime at this place without a problem. Fundraisers and VPs always got a bonus while rest of the employees are denied even a cost of living increase for years.

National Urban League2019-02-07

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Intern @ Washington D.C. Bureau"

I worked at National Urban League

Pros

This was a critical career journey and juncture for me in the midst of a trying time of the campaign trail that ended with unfavorable results. The value of quality leaders was stressed and the proper policies to guide urban communities was at the focus of my work and accessible through amazing mentors and co-workers that greeted interns as equals and valued your their insight along the way. I empowered and given... the opportunity to chart my own course. As long as I remained humble and actively engaged, my flexibility gave me more opportunities that I could have never imagined. If your so blessed with the opportunity be sure to reach back.

Cons

I realized this was but a taste of the breathe and depth of the work scope engaged by leaders in NUL. Unfortunately, there was not enough time to properly engage and be impactful, tho not impossible. Going viral takes the trigger. #EngageViral #NUL #Spongebob

Advice to Management

Keep building and empowering the future leaders of our urban cities. #DCBureau #Policy

National Urban League2019-04-09
  2. "Remain Flexible"

I have been working at National Urban League full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful team and truly focused on educating the community!

Cons

Nonprofit financial woes are a serious issue.

National Urban League2019-04-07

Discover more reviews about National Urban League.