National Vision - A company where progress isa plateau | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Vision

"A company where progress isa plateau"

Current Employee - Optometrist in Casa Grande, AZ
Current Employee - Optometrist in Casa Grande, AZ

I have been working at National Vision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great professional relation at first, connection, and search of new graduates

Cons

terrible maintaining relations with O.D.'s

Advice to Management

More organization, better training of store managers

Other Employee Reviews for National Vision

"No respect or Loyalty"

Former Employee - Optometrist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Optometrist in New York, NY

I worked at National Vision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and decent pay were the biggest pros. Flexibility in when I wanted to take vacation time and was able to take weekends off (Saturdays)

Cons

I Worked there for many years and always showed up, only called in sick 2x in 6 years, was loyal and reliable and then one day I got a phone call that I was replaced. No warning, no negotiating, no respect to the years of service I had given them, nothing. They just cut your throat when they are done with you and that's it, no reason or anything given. I feel they should have more respect for their team members who help to build and establish their business, but they don't.

Advice to Management

Think carefully before you make rash decisions like letting a good loyal reliable employee go.

2. "10 years and counting"

Current Employee - Optician/Assistant Manager in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Optician/Assistant Manager in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at National Vision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hours, Vacation time, Job security, Benefits

Cons

I just wish we had an edger still. I feel it would increase sales for one hour glasses and we could charge a fee for that. Otherwise...nothing

Advice to Management

10 years and counting. Walked into a Vision Center hoping to get out of job I had and thought to myself that I would only work there for a few months until I found something else. Had no optical experience. Found I loved the field and loved the benefits. Also, no other employeer will give the vacation time National Vision, Inc. gives. I love the place I work for. I love helping people and if you follow policy, you will have a long, successful carrer here. I don't know of any other place that the CEO leaves a weekly message to all the stores and will listen to any comments that employees leave, but this happens here. My store is always looking for ways to grow and help to encourage growth in other stores. I feel it to be a family environment. You can get an answer from someone at home office all the time. I have had a VP come into my store and treat me as an equal and they were very kind and helpful. Great company!