National Vision - A good company to work for but.............. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Vision

"A good company to work for but.............."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at National Vision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits, is thriving, and has some great people working for it. The company is growing which is great in this economy.

Cons

The company is growing, but staff in some departments at home office are not and have not been increased to accomodate the growth. There are people in those departments who never get "caught up" in their workload while others have no or little stress and go home on time every day. Others work extended hours every day and still don't get ahead. There are a lot of people with tenor in the company who have not been rewarded or promoted even though they work hard and are very loyal to the company. They deserve it but get overlooked or ignored by upper management. On the other hand, they hire in new people with big titles and more money.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, hire more people for those departments at the RSC that need it, promote from within and reward your employees to keep them. Be appreciative of the loyal employees you already have.

Other Employee Reviews for National Vision

"I have turned my store from under $ to a million dollar store 2 yrs in a row"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at National Vision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great hours, fun, different experience daily, meet a lot of nice people

Cons

Pay is not good! We work hard for low wages

Advice to Management

I feel that our raises & bonues should be a lot better, more incentive

"Cutthroat DM"

Former Employee - Area Manager
    Former Employee - Area Manager

I worked at National Vision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I learned a lot from being with the company for so long. Great benefits when speaking of health insurance and vacation time earned. Offering good eyewear at good prices.

Cons

Having a District Manager that only visits once a month and assumes they know everything that goes on in the store. As a manager you get paid salary but are expected to schedule yourself 50 hours per week and in most cases you work more like 55. They never allow enough payroll to keep the busy stores adequately staffed. If you work really hard and get a good bonus they will raise your budgets to unattainable amounts the following year. They can and will terminate your employment for simply disagreeing with your DM even after you've worked for them for over 10 years and earned them millions of dollars.

Advice to Management

When you have a high turn over rate in a district you may want to look at the DM and not the GM. You should consider complaints made to HR about the DM valid and investigate with other managers in the district.