Nationwide - Good place to work about 7 to 10 years ago. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

"Good place to work about 7 to 10 years ago."

Former Employee - Claims Specialist
Former Employee - Claims Specialist

Pros

It was a secure company while I was there.

Cons

Reorganization to "save money". Basically it was to reduce workforce by about 7 employees, across the country. Instead of getting rid of worthless employees, they let everyone go, and we were supposed to reapply. Then all that reapplied were flown halfway across the country for an interview. Make sense?

Advice to Management

Get training for mananement themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide

1. "Wish I did not have to leave"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Muse, OK
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Muse, OK

Pros

Very nice coworkers who for the most part are satisfied in their work. The Company espouses worthy values that are disseminated throughout the organization, except for upper management. The values are pretty well respected by all.

Cons

No promotional opportunities due to layoffs and downsizing. I have tried many time to move into management positions, but the positions were filled by associate directors or others who received 60-day job cancellation notices due to downsizing.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming lower management for poor engagement survey results. I know it is hard right now for all insurance companies to remain profitable and grow. You may consider moving into Oklahoma (now) since State Farm has pulled out of the state and there is opportunity for growth there.

2. "entry level at nationwide"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Respectable company with decent benefits, just very boring work for me. I would have hours of down time where I simply sat at my desk waiting for a manager to bring me work or tell me where to go. I would finish my work for the day before lunch, then spend much of my afternoon time standing at the manager's desk asking for more work, which became bothersome to the both of us.

Cons

Not enough work, made the days seem long. It was a great company to work for, but for my personality, I did not enjoy most of my time there.

Advice to Management

Hire less people or have more work to be done.