Nationwide - Incompetent management | Glassdoor

"Incompetent management"

Former Employee - Analyst
Former Employee - Analyst

Pros

Flexible, nice work environment, nice plants.

Cons

Poor upper and middle management, no accountability for management, lack of promotional opportunities, lack of movement within the organization, no incentive (compensation) for exceptional work.

Advice to Management

Improve decision making and leadership of upper management. Management showed poor decision making and representation of company outside of traditional work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide

1. "This is not only a great company to work for; but the feeling you get for doing your job is very rewarding"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

Pros

NBH is an excellent company to work for. The services and products the company provide are invaluable for other organizations. I am happy to work directly and indirectly with the clients we serve and provide solutions to their employee populations.

Cons

A small, regioanlly disparate comapny that was brought together by the acquisition of 4 other organizations. There are of course process flaws, areas of improvement, and challengs around. The pay seems to be on the lower side of the equation as well.

Advice to Management

Be a touch more open to suggestions as well as act upon these.

"Stop being greedy and think of your workers that are keeping the company going."

Pros

My job is very flexible. My manager is very laid back and he listens to suggestions. It used to really, really have a "family" atmosphere but that has changed over the past 18 years. Everyone feels like our jobs could be cut any day. Even in times like these, all of the co-workers remain close and tight knit like a family.

Cons

Our CEO greedily accepted a 23 million dollar bonus while people are being let go daily. Since a banker took over as CEO it has become numbers driven and a greedy company that doesn't care about it's people. All of this makes for bad morale yet they continually tell us WE need to fix our own engagement and morale.

Advice to Management

Think about the little people that are keeping this company afloat and quit being greedy taking all of the money for yourselves while we are denied raises and bonuses. It's wrong.