Nationwide - Tons of work, lots of learning! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

"Tons of work, lots of learning!"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Representative (CRR) in Solon, OH
Current Employee - Client Relationship Representative (CRR) in Solon, OH

Pros

Competent colleagues.
Lots of responsibility on client accounts.
Informal atmosphere.

Cons

Unclear processes in place.
Lack of structured training specific to client account management.
Pay does not commensurate with education.
Long work weeks.

Advice to Management

No need to pull rank, especially from directors. Get a more competent senior management team together and utilize resources and those individuals with potential better! Respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide

"Jumped before the boat started sinking!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Nice facilities, gym, cafeteria, free bus transportation downtown, associate groups. These were a few things that made it nice to work for a big, bloated company. Also, in contrast to where I work now, I can appreciate the performance review process. It by no means was fair, but at least there was one.

Cons

Too big and too many senior leaders. Granted working in Iowa wasn't the greatest place, but the attitude of the leadership was sooo much better than that of Columbus leaders. I felt like at least I had a vaild opinion speaking to Des Moines Senior Leadership. Another con is that this company underpays. I did not realize it until I got a generous job offer somewhere else. Turns out what I get paid now is standard for my position, but is $15,000 more that what I was paid at Nationwide. The last con I can think of is the reorgs...I was in one position for 2 years and had 3 different VP in that time span. People did not necessarily leave, just reorged with different responsibilities. With a new senior leader, there was always a different vision, it was just hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it. If conditions change, just let the little people know instead of denying anything is wrong.

2. "A great company with great people"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

I love this company. The people are great to work with. Management cares about their employees. The company is committed to enabling home work balance.

Cons

Paying to park downtown is the only downside to working at Nationwide

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job listing to employees and trying to make this the "Best Place to Work"