Natural Retreats - LIght at the End of the Tunnel | Glassdoor

"LIght at the End of the Tunnel"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Natural Retreats full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Natural Retreats was the brainchild of an extraordinary entrepreneur. In a little under five years, the US division of the company grew more than 450%. While this “dream big” mentality did not always produce the intended results, it allowed us to build a distinctive business model in a highly competitive industry. It would be dishonest to say it was a smooth journey, devoid of missteps and errors. When you’re sprinting...

Cons

Positive change moves more slowly than one would like. However, that is true most anywhere.

Advice to Management

Focus on engaging with staff more regularly. Even if you don't feel you have anything important to say, frequent communication gives Team Members the chance to see and hear you. It humanizes you - allowing staff to feel connected to the larger company and providing them with a forum which empowers them to develop the open, transparent communication for which you advocate.

Natural Retreats2018-08-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Natural Retreats full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere. Lots of changes for the better.

Cons

Weekends are hard. Not much room for growth

Natural Retreats2019-04-30

"Great corporate culture, fun atmosphere & awesome perks!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager - East Coast in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Natural Retreats full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment and insane benefits. I have been at NR now for 4 months and have had a great experience getting settled with a new company in a new location. I consider my coworkers my friends and the leadership / management teams have shown great support and flexibility to help make my transition smooth. Casual office environment and focus on collective teamwork between departments.

Cons

Having to choose between so many awesome locations to work and vacation :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep listening to your employees and rewarding their efforts. The proof is in the pudding - You all lead by example and have fun doing it...It's easy to respect leaders who contribute at every level and measure success beyond just "The Numbers"

Natural Retreats2018-09-04

Natural Retreats Response

September 6, 2018Senior Vice President, Human Resources

It’s great to hear a shout-out for collective teamwork between departments! That’s what makes Natural Retreats a fun place to work. Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback and please keep doing what you are doing. We appreciate it.

Discover more reviews about Natural Retreats.