Nautica Enterprises - Easy to work for. | Glassdoor

"Easy to work for."

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Dedicated customer base
Gracious payroll budget for scheduling
Advancement Opportunity if your numbers are up and you have had exposure to senior management
Good Pay

Cons

The company is way behind on it's technology, register systems and ability to communicate with stores. The product has not evolved much in the past few years as it has been supposed to and the customer base is getting older and older. As a store manager, it was frustrating on running a business with very low inventory levels and literally running out of fragrance and accessories, requiring several emails and pictures of empty display cases to be sent to the corporate office.
Overall, it's a good company to work for and even though it offers advancement opportunities, it does not offer much professional training or development.

Advice to Management

Update your policy and procedure manual so that all stores are being operated the same, ensure that stores are being properly filled and that the right product is being sent to stores. Create a development plan for store management to give them some skill development to keep them motivated, excited and something to look forward to. No one likes a job that is easy and boring. People who truly want to work hard and develop themselves also want a challenge from time to time.

Other Employee Reviews for Nautica Enterprises

1. "easy job but the pay needs to be higher"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

The crew that I work with is amazing. That's the only reason I'm still there right now.

Cons

We don't get paid enough to do what they ask us to do, which is a lot

Advice to Management

Give better pay and incentives to employees

2. "Enjoyed my job, the company and supervisors"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great communication between stores, district manager and regional manager. Visits were looked at as learning opportunities. Customer Service was our number one priority, always.

Cons

Salary was on the lower end. It was sometimes difficult to hire the right people at the pay rate we offered for associates.

Advice to Management

Customer service expectations are right where they should be. However finding quality, customer service focused associates will require more than minimum wage.