NaviNet - This is not your friend's NaviNet | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

"This is not your friend's NaviNet"

Current Employee - Director, Navinet
Current Employee - Director, Navinet

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Great alignment of strategy to actual work
Strong senior manager
Challenging work
Good work life balance

Cons

Lots of change still
Roles not totally clearly defined
Significant challenges ahead

Advice to Management

Keep going. You've done a great job of shifting the energy and culture. No lead us to execution.

Other Employee Reviews for NaviNet

"NaviNet has boosted my confidence in what I'm able to do now and capable of in the future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, driven, and committed leadership team. Immediately given autonomy and asked for input/ideas on day one. Competitive pay, AWESOME benefits. Monthly company-wide gatherings so all employees know what's happening across all departments. People take breaks all throughout the day to play ping pong. Throughout the holiday seasons, each department did extravagant lunches, dinners, or in-office parties. If you refer someone for a job and they get it, you win $5000. The location is great. Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop.

Cons

We're growing really quickly and adding jobs that haven't existed before, which is awesome. The down side to that is trying to figure out what your job is and how to structure your day, goals, etc. At first this was challenging for me but the more I dove in, the more I valued the opportunity to be creative, resourceful, and truly be independently shaping a new position for the company.

Advice to Management

What's great about a lot of our management team is that most of them have come up through the ranks, so they know what the people at the bottom are going through and how to overcome walls. My advice is to continue developing great performers into great leaders.

"Good engineering department. Lots to learn."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Navinet for a little over 5 years. In retrospect, the time spent there has had a positive effect on my career and my approach to work.

I learned from talented engineers on the teams I worked in. I was able to move across teams from development to architecture in the time I was there. Also got an opportunity to work closely with the perf team and interact regularly with the IT team. The company (or at least my group) cared more about getting stuff done than how many hours I spent at my desk. I felt the tech managers who I worked with cared about my well being as an employee, besides worrying about the bottom line and well being of the company.

Sure there was legacy code and customers who do not want changes, but that was part of the challenge at work. Management itself was not averse to change and moving forward. Successful software technology companies often have to with legacy code. In retrospect I learned more working with the legacy stuff, especially the performance aspect, than pushing code out as part of a feature team. Navinet provided me an opportunity to work on problems of scale. At the same time, they had a small-midsize-company-like approach to engineering.

Wishing the best of luck to my friends at Navinet!

Cons

There were some negatives while I worked there, mentioned in older reviews. From the newer reviews and talking to my ex-colleagues, seems like these issues have mostly been sorted out under the new CTO.