NaviNet - NaviNet is in an interesting healthcare niche, but needs improvement in some departments. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

"NaviNet is in an interesting healthcare niche, but needs improvement in some departments."

Current Employee - Provider Operations in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Provider Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

NaviNet has created a unique network of providers and health plans to enhance healthcare communication.

Senior management is dedicated to expanding the company and providing growth opportunities to employees.

Benefits and employee events are above average. Two parties including families are held annually and ongoing lunches and social hours reward hard working employees.

Interesting projects are available for software developers.

Long-term system issues are finally being addressed by senior management.

Employee turnover is very low for a software company.

Cons

Without a software background, career advancement is limited in non-engineering departments.

Lower and middle management positions are often filled with friends of managers and rarely offered to internal candidates, who often have years of NaviNet and industry experience.

Advice to Management

Continue demanding constant process improvements for all departments.

Seek feedback from individual contributors and team leaders in all departments.

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014 – Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

Thanks for contributing this feedback; it's highly valued. Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of your colleagues in HR for support and suggestions on career advancement!

Other Employee Reviews for NaviNet

1. "This is not your friend's NaviNet"

Current Employee - Director, Navinet
    Current Employee - Director, Navinet

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Great alignment of strategy to actual work
    Strong senior manager
    Challenging work
    Good work life balance

Cons

Lots of change still
    Roles not totally clearly defined
    Significant challenges ahead

Advice to Management

Keep going. You've done a great job of shifting the energy and culture. No lead us to execution.

"NaviNet has boosted my confidence in what I'm able to do now and capable of in the future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, driven, and committed leadership team. Immediately given autonomy and asked for input/ideas on day one. Competitive pay, AWESOME benefits. Monthly company-wide gatherings so all employees know what's happening across all departments. People take breaks all throughout the day to play ping pong. Throughout the holiday seasons, each department did extravagant lunches, dinners, or in-office parties. If you refer someone for a job and they get it, you win $5000. The location is great. Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop.

Cons

We're growing really quickly and adding jobs that haven't existed before, which is awesome. The down side to that is trying to figure out what your job is and how to structure your day, goals, etc. At first this was challenging for me but the more I dove in, the more I valued the opportunity to be creative, resourceful, and truly be independently shaping a new position for the company.

Advice to Management

What's great about a lot of our management team is that most of them have come up through the ranks, so they know what the people at the bottom are going through and how to overcome walls. My advice is to continue developing great performers into great leaders.