NaviSite - Does not pay market salaries, need to fight to get the right salary up front. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NaviSite

"Does not pay market salaries, need to fight to get the right salary up front."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Flexible work at home, stable list of clients. Have to be self motivator,

Cons

Salary levels are below market, looking for Time Warner to change this.

Advice to Management

Fix the sales team, they are very weak. Cant sell a deal without having client facing teams holding their hands. Start to clean out the management tier from Surebridge, they form too tight a club, which prevents growth of talent. Put some decent management in India, current management is poor and does not know how to retain talent.

Other Employee Reviews for NaviSite

"Strange"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Pros

Lots of technology, you can get to work on different projects where you might learn new products. It is a plus.

Cons

no salary increases, even if you get goo reviews, do not expect any increases. Negotiate your salary before you start.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of good talent in the company but there is no motivation. You work a lot and no rewards

"Disorganized"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The office floor was always quiet.

Cons

I worked in the Santa Clara office briefly after my company was acquired. Many of the florescent lights kept flickering or were off completely. My cube was on the 2nd floor over their computer room on the 1st floor and the floor vibrated constantly. I inquired with the maintenance guy there, but nothing got done about any of this.

My fellow employees all seemed down all the time. I found it little depressing. I never saw much organization there or vision from the top. They just seemed to have scattered projects without one vision or identity. The management structure also seemed unclear. My team's manager had about 5 people above him and even he said he was unclear who reported to whom.

Based on what I was told, they bought my old company because we had one super-customer whose business they wanted. Shortly after Navisite bought my company, they lost this customer. Rather than keeping us all to work on other projects, they laid us all off. Then, they tried to hire me back on contract (and at least one other coworker I know of), but without benefits and at the same salary (and the contract would only be for a certain period, like a few months, and then would have to be renewed).

Advice to Management

My advice to Navisite management is to become more organized and communicate a clear vision to the employees. Also, get those florescent lights fixed in the Santa Clara office.