Navicent Health - this is lovely | Glassdoor

"this is lovely"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Pros

i really like the people, staff, management, and food. This is a very clean hospital that has the opportunity to really grow. Since it is public, there is a tight budget.

Cons

The parking stinks. You have to pay for a parking lot pass which comes straight out of your pay check.

Advice to Management

I would upgrade parking to free for all that work there. Also I would provide more RN so there is clsoer patient-nurse ratio

Other Employee Reviews for Navicent Health

"not much to do"

Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in Macon, GA

Pros

good pay, and if you don't want a lot to do it is ok

Cons

it is located down town in the middle of homeless town. very unsave.

Advice to Management

not good

2. "This can be a fun job, but don't expect GREAT benefits."

Current Employee - Clinical Tech IV in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Tech IV in Macon, GA

Pros

Depending upon which floor you work for... you can meet some Great Co-workers. Having people that are fun to work with makes the day go by a lot quicker.

Cons

They recently go rid of the Pension plans. That was a really great benefit....but of course it all comes down to money. They also started basing our "Christmas Bonus Check" on how well the hospital performed during the fiscal year.

Your home unit will not authorize you for overtime. They have a system called "Bidshift" in which your unit and other units post various shifts for days they will be short staff members. Depending on who "bids" on the job they will select who makes the least amount hourly.

When I have requested overtime from my unit I am always told "it's not in our budget". But on several occasions I have been asked to work overtime when they couldn't get anyone else to bid on the shift. They don't want to help you out... but they expect you to drop everything to help them out!

Advice to Management

Bring Back Pensions... Allow the employee's home unit to give overtime so they don't have't to bid on it on other floors they really don't want to work on.