Navigant - Great learning experience right out of school, poor compensation for the effort | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Navigant

"Great learning experience right out of school, poor compensation for the effort"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job will round out your resume. There were always really interesting projects across the different consulting practices--my predictive analytic and healthcare experience let me work on setting up health insurance plans, constructing terms for physician group and hospital buyouts/acquisitions, to constructing expert testimony for healthcare litigation cases.

Cons

My colleagues and I called this place 'the puppy mill' because their business model is to take really smart 20 somethings straight out of college and pay them next to nothing and squeeze 2 MAYBE 3 years out of them. There is no advancement, you are either junior consultant or you are an overpaid director bringing in business. I asked for a raise after 2 years of being there (billing almost a million dollars in revenue per year and earning only 60k) and it 'wasn't in the budget.' I left when they actually stopped contributing to my 401k in addition to the pay freezes.

Other Employee Reviews for Navigant

1. "Growing rapidly, lacks organizational infrastructure"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, some exceptional collegues

Cons

lacks vision and direction from Division leadership

"It was great in the beginning, and I don't necessary want to leave."

Current Contractor - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Navigant as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, smart talented people. I am proud to call many of them my colleagues and friends. I learned quite a bit from them

Cons

Eventually, what start off as a very flat organization structure, where a single voice had some weight, turned into a complex hierarchy as the project grew bigger and bigger. Office politics started to play a greater role.

Advice to Management

-Issue every employee the best and lastest laptops. You want them to be as productive as possible? Give them the tools that work all the time, not 7 hours out of 12.

-Revise the performance review process, so that each employee is not evaluated by just one supervisor, especially if they don't have just one supervisor.