Navistar - Navistar Financial Systems | Glassdoor

"Navistar Financial Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has been a great place to develp professionally by working on large and complex projects.

Cons

Currently going through a major turnaround. The business climate is not very appealing to those looking for promotions and new opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Navistar

1. "A lot of opportunity- the closest thing to a Startup in the Heavy Truck Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having working at other OEM's- Navistar is an amazing company. Though the product is in a period of rapid recovery- its amazing how this company is set up. Once we get to the right after treatment set up, and things settle down, the company will accelerate. A new age of engineering core has been developed at Navistar and it is a cut above what I have seen in the industry.

Cons

The previous leadership attempted to force a technology in the field that was not valid and causing the current financial situation. This has left a good size challenge for everyone. There is a risk that despite all of our best efforts, it may fall short. But as we progress, the risk gets smaller progressively.

Advice to Management

We have a great engineering and product team, lets make some great products parallal to the engine work. Integrated Tractor Trailer, Scout SUV, Pro Star Replacement, Update the Legacy Product. The team in Lisle is talanted, and is up to the challenge.

2. "Dollars more important than employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent facilities in new location. Design creativity is valued and encouraged.

Cons

Upper management sees employees and experience as expendable, go so far as to encourage employees to quit to maintain bottom line. Departments do not work well together, and the company as a whole feels very segmented and at odds.

Advice to Management

Employees may not buy your products, but they do make them happen. Your employees are your lifeblood, and you need to realize how crucial they are.