Navstar - My experience at Navstar so far has been excellent! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Navstar

"My experience at Navstar so far has been excellent!"

Pros

I am a new employee to Navstar and I find that the corporate staff is very knowledgeable and helpful - from the recruiting process to new hire orientation. I really like the small environment and that the executive team all knows me by name!

Cons

More of an opportunity - continue to grow the business to provide more opportunities for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Navstar

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - IT Consultant
    Current Employee - IT Consultant

Pros

As an offsite consultant, I do not have to the displeasure of working at the home office. I work on a long term contract with the federal government. I enjoy good pay and benefits as W2 employee at Navstar.

Cons

I don't understand the many changes that have taken place in the home office. It takes several days to get a response from management. Advise to others, check your pay check because there have been several "mishaps" such as 401K not being deposited, overcharge on medical, and overtime not being paid out in a timely manner.

It didn't used to be that way, employees were treated with respect but they are going through major growing pains or maybe that is the company's attitude through this rough economy. You the the kind of attitude thinking everyone should be lucky to have a job. Wrong attitude!

Advice to Management

Wake up! Treat your employees with respect!

"Was a great place to work"

Pros

HR was a highlight, a pleasure to work with and was always friendly and helpful. The President was very hands on until she hired a new VP and then became very distant with staff.

Cons

Navstar was a place I was proud to call my company, until the middle of 2010 when there was some serious changes at the HQ level bringing in senior management who were very against everything the company had built a positive reputation represented. Business practices reverted and the legacy staff quit one by one as a senior leader became a senior pain and displeasure to come into the office and work with on a daily basis. It is 2010 and printing should be something done on a serious as needed basis. GreenIT is a compentency of Navstar yet, one influencial employee prints probably a ream a day.

Advice to Management

Management should have never hired a VP of Operations that operates within the constructs of a 1950s workforce. The HQ became a cold and unfriendly and unwelcomed place to work. Additionally the way the recruiters are being treated appears to be very kindergarten like and highly inappropriate for a professional office scenario.