Navy Federal Credit Union - Overall a great company to work for, just need to fix schedule and timekeeping issues. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

"Overall a great company to work for, just need to fix schedule and timekeeping issues."

Pros

Excellent benefits and on the higher end for pay.

Cons

Do not agree with their timekeeping, they pay you only for your scheduled hours, do not compensate you for time worked after your scheduled reporting time ends, no matter how much time is spent working after wards. They will not let you adjust timesheet to reflect correct hours worked. Make promises to arrange for you to come in at a later time on another scheduled day to make up the difference, but they forget or lose track of it. They need to pay employees for all time worked in a day, not just the hours that their work schedule shows for the day.

Other Employee Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

1. "Good place to work, but some changes needed"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits and work-life balance are great.

Cons

Pay is not competitive, bureaucracy is inefficient and slow to change, systems are old and outdated, promotions are not readily available, internal hiring for analyst jobs rarely happens

Advice to Management

The pay scale for branch operations is not consistent with the rest of the credit union nor is it on par with the industry. While the benefits are good, they do not make up for the lack of pay. Also, current structures, policies, and procedures make it difficult to hire, train, and retain qualified personnel.

"Poor training and poor management"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Meet great people and great employee perks.

Cons

I had NO experience in banking. So I was told 8 weeks training....I got 5 as MSR and 1 on teller. The girl who came a week after me got to do the training courses while I had to learn from the employees. Now I loved the girls but I need better instruction since I had no experience...
    Management talked down to employees in front of members. Yelled and was very rude.

Advice to Management

Send all new employees to training, especially the one with no experience..
    Give all employees the same respect.