Naylor Association Solutions - Former employee's review | Glassdoor

"Former employee's review"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, encouraging management, friendly staff

Cons

Ad sales can be a tough business

Other Employee Reviews for Naylor Association Solutions

"Very good company, supportive - challenging position with excellent rewards"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with good people, have a supportive management team and high income potential with strong financial rewards. Realistic $3k - $5k/month realistic after-tax income within the first 3 months after training, while setting up your renewal base for much higher. Great schedule (M - Fr 8:30 - 5pm) and company promotes work life balance.

Cons

Starting out is like drinking through a fire-hose -- lots of information to piece together to implement a strategy for selling advertising to well-suited businesses. Must be disciplined, focused and fight through the highs and lows of a sales position. This is not unique to Naylor. Starting base pay could be higher, but bonuses compensate for that quickly for those who pay attention and make the right effort.

Advice to Management

Higher base salary, some adjustments to the training process -- my "success" thus far has come from paying attention to those actively getting it done. Overall a strong organization with very good financial and work/life rewards for those willing to focus and make the contacts daily.

2. "Nice learning experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get the opportunity to learn different market segments, as well as the opportunity to sell multi-dimentional advertising platforms.
    Sales Managers were always willing to help, and coach whenever requested.
    Great environment on the sales floor.

Cons

Very high turnover. Poor payment structure, everything is from a "draw" where you're only making commission when you sell over a certain goals.
    Not a very strict hiring process, was dissatisfied that my degree did not really matter when compared to other new hires backgrounds.

I truly liked everyone I worked with from management to fellow sales reps, but I feel that if they altered their commission structure, and hired less they would retain employees.

When you read through past comments you see a lot of drastically different descriptions of the job: "Best job ever! Worst Job ever! etc." I would take all of them with a grain of salt.

At its core, this is a pretty tough selling gig, people do not want to receive calls from advertiser's, and it can be monotonous calling on companies who have been called on for years from Naylor reps.
    I do think they give you the opportunity to succeed, but much of that is predicated by how hot you "come out of the gate." If you start out hot, you will be placed on much, much better projects than others--which directly correlates to your commission--and standing within the company. If you continue your success, you can somewhat coast as there are lots of renewals and projects that are not tough sells, but are high ticket items.

Advice to Management

It's a tough spot that you're in because you're profitable in certain regards, but must be spending boatloads of money on bringing in/retaining talented reps.

Maybe evaluate what projects you decide to bring on. I can't imagine the Southern Utah Mining Club would be as profitable of an association as a Medical Association.