Nebraska Furniture Mart - NFM is the best place I have ever worked! | Glassdoor
  1. "NFM is the best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am constantly recruiting all of my friends and family to come work with me at NFM. There is not another employer like them, they offer so many growth opportunities and give encouragement to excel with in your position. I have never worked for a company that invest so much into my professional development. NFM offers stability, there are staff that have worked at NFM for over 50 years, that is unheard of in this day...

Cons

NFM does not have a location in Hawaii

Nebraska Furniture Mart2018-04-11

"NFM review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Promotes heavily from within to help maintain the culture. While not perfect, honesty and integrity are strongly emphasized. Staff are given monthly updates on their performance which seems to be pretty consistent throughout the company.

Cons

Retail scheduling isn't great, but you get used to it pretty quickly. The store hours also make it very difficult to do anything as a department away from work.

Nebraska Furniture Mart2019-07-31

Nebraska Furniture Mart Response

August 6, 2019Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review and your commitment to the values and culture of NFM!

2. "Great Team. Development Opportunities. Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoying working with a team that supports one another and is fun to be around. My boss does a great job challenging me to become stronger in my field and grow for my next role. Our benefits have great coverage and the right price and I have a solid amount of paid time off to use.

Cons

We are a retail establishment so nights and weekends are part of the gig. However, we do have high traffic to keep us busy so it makes the time fly by.

Advice to Management

Keep spending time to get to know your staff so you can help them with their development and growth.

Nebraska Furniture Mart2019-07-31

Nebraska Furniture Mart Response

August 6, 2019Human Resources Director

Thanks for the advice. Our Managers do play a huge role in the engagement and fun culture at NFM. Their ongoing commitment to these values are important.

Discover more reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart.