Nebraska Furniture Mart - Found My Career and Loving IT!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

"Found My Career and Loving IT!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have currently worked at NFM for 9.5 years. I have held 4 different positions (yes we promote within) and have been challenged in all of them. I have amazing benefits (we have chosen NFM's over my spouses due to better coverage and lower cost). I get three weeks a year in vacation. I am trusted to work on my own. My manager is great with feedback and presenting new opportunities. I have AMAZING coworkers - they are the best and I enjoy seeing them each work day. I get a call on my birthday and anniversary from Ron - there are not many CEO's who do that for every employee (we have over 2000). I started as a lead cashier in 2003, finished my degree and have found a great place to continue growing my career!

Cons

We are a retail location so the work never stops (we have staff here from 4 am until 10:30 pm). It is great to be needed :)

Advice to Management

Keep on with the personal touches. It is nice to work for a company that cares about you. You give managers the opportunity to build relationships with their teams so they can push them to the next level or prep them for the next position.

Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

1. "Wonderful place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

Cons

Easy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Advice to Management

Make sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!

"Reviewers below have been drinking to much of the koolaid"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay, and benifits for hours worked. most of the people you work with are decent.

Cons

This company does not care about it's employees or customers all they care about is the bottom line. They change the rules amd measures constantly to take away from sales commisions. There Sales management is not qualified for his job and has no idea how to run a sales force. The direct sales management has no real control or power over the sales teams the are just paper pushers.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, your sales force needs to be treated with a little respect. Quit flooding your sales floor, you have twicw the staff you need, must be getting tax breaks from the county to hire more and more people.