Nebraska Furniture Mart - Good place to be. | Glassdoor

"Good place to be."

Current Employee - Furniture Sales in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Furniture Sales in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, NFM is a great place to work. I have had much success and it has helped me grow. The managers I've had have been amazing to work for. The benefits working for this company are good as well. I like the atmosphere I've worked in has been great and I've always had good peers working around me.

Cons

Rules do not always apply to everybody; sometimes the new employee and the employee that's been there for some time do not have the same expectations. I have seen that that always creates hostility. It is not easy to try to invoke any sort of change and trying to talk to anybody in any sort of real power does not care to talk to the little employee about a problem. If anyone salesperson even tried to talk to the "boss man," he seems annoyed and that you are wasting his time.

Advice to Management

Most simple managers are great, but if this is to upper management, let's try to be nicer to the people who are making you money and hear them out. They are keeping your company afloat.

Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

"Smoke and mirrors..."

Former Employee - Salesperson in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Omaha, NE

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers were fabulous, one of my customers was astute enough to pickup on the fact that the sales manager didn't have a clue as to how to treat their employees and commented the same to me. "If I didn't like you I would be shopping somewhere else regardless of these supposedly low prices."

Cons

Uneducated supervisors and managers. They believe they are brilliant, just ask them.

Advice to Management

Refrain from speaking out both sides of your mouth.

"Not bad, could be better"

Current Employee - NFM Concierge in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - NFM Concierge in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great, the coworkers are nice and the building is in great shape.

Cons

Lots of management issues, rules don't apply to everyone, doesn't seem like your voice is heard

Advice to Management

Feedback would be great all the time, not just when you think we aren't doing a good enough job. Don't tell your teams, "I'll fire all of you before I lose my job," that's not a moral booster.