Nebraska Furniture Mart - Great family environment, benefits, and upward mobility within the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

"Great family environment, benefits, and upward mobility within the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you the tools to run your own business with in the department, they have great benefits, they have a lot of opportunity to move up in the company especially right now with the development of the Texas Store.

Cons

They could have their own reality TV show with all of the drama that goes on there. They brag about being a company where you meet your spouse, but what they don't say is that it is also a place to meet someone to cheat on your spouse with. In this rearguard they treat men with a blind eye and women who have done the same thing as some of the guys have been let go.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. If you preach consistency then look at other people who are committing the same "crime" so to speak and handle it equally between women and men.

Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

"living the dream."

Current Employee - Cashier in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Cashier in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay,co-works,meeting people,learning skills,getting promoted,lunch-room,parking spots

Cons

rude customers, but that's everywhere you go. you get them every once in awhile

"Good place to be."

Current Employee - Furniture Sales in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Furniture Sales in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, NFM is a great place to work. I have had much success and it has helped me grow. The managers I've had have been amazing to work for. The benefits working for this company are good as well. I like the atmosphere I've worked in has been great and I've always had good peers working around me.

Cons

Rules do not always apply to everybody; sometimes the new employee and the employee that's been there for some time do not have the same expectations. I have seen that that always creates hostility. It is not easy to try to invoke any sort of change and trying to talk to anybody in any sort of real power does not care to talk to the little employee about a problem. If anyone salesperson even tried to talk to the "boss man," he seems annoyed and that you are wasting his time.

Advice to Management

Most simple managers are great, but if this is to upper management, let's try to be nicer to the people who are making you money and hear them out. They are keeping your company afloat.