Nebraska Medicine - It's been a good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Medicine

"It's been a good place to work."

I have been working at Nebraska Medicine full-time

Pros

Great place to cover a wide spectrum of stuff. Not stuck doing one thing or managing one type of system. You can get your hands in things like storage, systems, different OS's, etc. Ability to get training has been no problem and have gotten lots of it.

Cons

None really to speak of other than people who grumble that it's a terrible place.

Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Medicine

"Feel Great at the End of the Day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Medicine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission statement is focused around the patients served. There really is a culture of caring for the patient and even their families. The doctors are genuine and I believe that it is more than just a business. As health care changes, more and more academic and private physicians are reaching out to each other to collaborate. I think the nursing staff enjoys having a variety of patient populations to care for.

Cons

It takes forever to make any sort of significant change. There are a lot of cogs in the machine. I can't tell if that is due to the fact that the organization is too big or if they are just adverse to change and progressive thinking.

Advice to Management

Coach up. I don't think there is enough leadership that focuses on developing the staff under them.

"Currently a full-time student...working part-time"

Current Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Medicine part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I believe they really care about their employees. There is an employee recognition program to recognize people who you feel have been going above and beyond. Holiday parties are always great to attend, as well as gifts for every employee at christmas time.

Cons

I think sometimes, big government, gets in the way of how the departments operate. Managers who don't even work in the department are changing things; however, they don't even know it works and should be getting more info from the people who are there every day.

Advice to Management

I think NMC is doing a great of continuing to be profitable in this economy and changing of times in healthcare.