Neighborhood Health Plan - Inspires loyalty and longevity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Neighborhood Health Plan

"Inspires loyalty and longevity"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor at least encouraged career development through expansion of my responsibilities. Apparently others did too, as there are many employees who have been there 5+, even 10+, years, as well as many family members.

Friendly coworkers and regular company events lead to interoffice friendships, if you're into that sort of thing.

Top brass is relatively transparent, with regular all-staff meetings that go in detail about the financials, overall outlook, etc.

Organization promotes career development through informal and formal mentoring and hiring from within.

Formal training programs for new hires and refresher training for current employees ensures up-to-date knowledge across the board.

Cons

Salaries are high for a nonprofit, but on the low end for industry standards.

Siloing of departments leads to difficulty communicating across functional groups.

Other Employee Reviews for Neighborhood Health Plan

"Very Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NHP provides a diverse work environment that is a pleasure to work in. It has a laudable mission of providing low cost, high quality health care to disadvantaged segments of the population.

Cons

Internal politics sometimes gets in the way of getting things done. Employees can sometimes be overworked due to the business requirements being greater than the size of the workforce.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring more people.

""Growing Pains" are Hurting Us"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits, flexibility, office setting, good location

Cons

top heavy with management, they do not listen to employees, though they provide wonderful lip service. Inefficient processes then you get called out if you can't keep up or understand. Very poor communication, even among the managers, nothing trickles down to the peons. Hence no continuity in how things are done.
    I used to feel the mission: to serve our underprivileged. I feel the new mission is to cut costs and produce numbers, assembly line fashion.

Advice to Management

listen to the people actually doing the job, include staff in major functionality decisions when possible, give us the resources we need to do our jobs well