Neiman Marcus - Don't be fooled by the new and shiny exterior. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

"Don't be fooled by the new and shiny exterior."

Former Employee - Optimum Support in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Optimum Support in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very budget conscious; therefore, you never have to work overtime. Once in a while you get a great discount on merchandise.

Cons

Neiman's presents itself as a financially successful company. Truth is, I have never worked for a company as cheap as them. You get the feeling that any second the whole company will collapse.

Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus

"Good company with great benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
     Discounts are great. Free iphone.

Cons

Cons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Advice to Management

Please appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

"Great environment to work in but........."

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a sense of togetherness. Everyone wants to help each other to be successful.There are opportunities to move up after 6 months of employment.

Cons

We were hired as full time associates. Because business has been slow our paychecks have been 55-60 hours instead of 80!!! Don't our bills and families matter? It does not feel good to be able to earn full time hours when it is convenient for the company.

Advice to Management

Allow us to earn the hours we were hired for. Morale is not very good among workers. We have went through a tedious training process to be hired full time......now we're not being given those hours. Making so little hours I cannot afford insurance!!