Neiman Marcus - NM Bellevue | Glassdoor

"NM Bellevue"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Product Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really is none. This review is specifically for the Bellevue, Wa store, as other Neimans are from what I have seen, nothing like it. It will also focus mostly on the Men's Dept.

Cons

"What a disaster!" That was what people mumbled under their breath every day! For whatever reason the company decided to completely ignore the Bellevue store. It truly is the "black sheep" of the Neiman Marcus Group. The Men's Department has zero designer clothing brands, ZERO. As in not one. Let me be more specific. NO Gucci, Prada, DG, Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, Ferragamo, Balmain, Versace, Cavalli, Thom Brown, Givenchy, YSL, Dries, Rag & Bone, Burberry, Paul Smith, Dsquared, APC....do you get the point? NONE. So what does this mean to the scores of Canadian tourists, that LOVE designer? Well it means they are in for an unpleasant surprise. I turned away so many customers that were desperate to spend thousands on brands that every Neimans carries, except.....you guessed it, Bellevue. The men's was one of the worst jokes I have ever had the misfortune of being part of. And no matter how much we and customers complained, they did nothing about it. After about two years of being opened (2009), people finally got that this place wasn't for them and it became a ghost town. Not even kidding a little bit, there were days where all you did was tell people where the bathroom was.

On top of all that, here are a few of the other cons:
-poor pay
-expensive health insurance that wasn't very good....at least that's what I head (I could't afford it)
-no clothing allowance (you would think they would want you to look the part!)
-lazy, rude management
-had to pay to park! So ridiculous
-people there had a real sense of arrogance that was rather unsettling

Advice to Management

Look to your other stores or even Nordstrom as model of what your store should be! I cant see this store staying in business much longer.

Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus

"This is not a nice company to work for. I learned the hard way. Do not make the mistake I did."

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Occasional contests. discounts with partner businesses

Cons

You may have your civils rights violated, this is not an ethical company. Enter at your own risk. While there are some that thrive here, If you have any problems keep them to yourself as they could care less about you. Their turnover rate is very high for a reason.

Advice to Management

Dont break the laws. You will be held accountable and you will deserve it.

"Used to be better..."

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Still not a bad choice, if you must be in retail.

Cons

Expense cuts have taken a toll. Decline in quality of personnel, inventory, opportunities.

Advice to Management

Less politics, positioning, and defensiveness. More support, communication, and inclusiveness.