Nektar Therapeutics - Everyone was really nice, I thought it was a great environment to work in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nektar Therapeutics

"Everyone was really nice, I thought it was a great environment to work in"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and very supportive

Cons

I only worked there while the original admin was on maternity leave. I did not see any cons in my time there.

Other Employee Reviews for Nektar Therapeutics

"A fast-paced teamwork environment that challenges you to be your best"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A friendly and fun environment with great culture and diversity of expertise that allows for employees to not only enhance their skill set, but broaden work and business knowledge through working with highly skilled employees. I've been in Clinical Operations for almost two years and have had the great pleasure of working with cross-functional groups who are always willing to share their experience and advice. The different departments within the company collaborate effectively, efficiently, and work towards the same common goal, which reflects the vision of the company and it's leadership. From the first phone interview to each semi-annual performance review, passion and professionalism is not only seen, but felt by prospective candidates and employees.

The Clinical Operations department holds quarterly all-hands meetings where different programs share their study status, experiences, challenges, and lessons learned. Information is shared to improve efficiencies and quality of conduct and management of clinical trials. There are also cross functional speakers to broaden general industry knowledge-- from preclinical to biostats, we have access to a great deal of knowledge shared by department leaders.

I've clearly communicated my expectations and goals to my manager, who has tactfully mentored me to achieve my goals. Nektar values hard work and merit, and it does not go unnoticed or unrewarded.

This is a small-ish company doing big company things at a very rapid pace, but with utmost quality and care. A great company to work for for those who enjoy being challenged in their careers. There is never a shortage of work to be done, which gives me a sense of belonging, importance, and most of all, job security. The benefits package also reflects the caliber of this company and how much Nektar values their long term investment in employees. Communcation of the corporate vision, research pipeline and future from senior management has been very transparent since I've started employment here. I've not worked for a company where I could honestly say that before.

Cons

At busy times, my days are meeting-heavy, but this only helped to strengthen my skills in time management and productivity.

"Working at Nektar"

Current Employee - Research Associate II in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Research Associate II in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for. Benifits are amazing. Pay is rock solid. Opportunities are fantastic and the people are the best i have ever worked with!

Cons

Huntsville Al isn't exactly the most interesting place to work. The summers here are unbearably hot and the city has very little to offer in the way of entertainment.

Advice to Management

Weed out the one or ones that have brought down moral. There is one in particular at the HSV site that has a very high turnover rate and one would think Upper Management would get a clue as to the real problem.