Nemacolin Woodlands - Excellent Family run business! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nemacolin Woodlands

"Excellent Family run business!"

Former Employee - Bellman in Farmington, PA
Former Employee - Bellman in Farmington, PA

I worked at Nemacolin Woodlands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, with good managers and very well run

Cons

Could use some room for advancementw

Other Employee Reviews for Nemacolin Woodlands

"They don't care about employees."

Pros

Health Benefits, 401K, beautiful property, family-like co-workers (not necessarily management), sometimes you get to try activities or meals on property

Cons

Rude and cheap guests, awful uniforms and standards, too many bosses, long shifts, other departments don't always do what's right

Advice to Management

Try caring and figuring out ways to keep people who do a good job. It was a rude awakening for me to be let go because you didn't budget properly to keep me (a veteran employee) and all the new hires as well as an additional salary position not originally in the budget plans. I made personal changes to be closer to the company and four months later I was let go. I was overworked and expected to just deal with it and told constantly that I would eventually work my new position which never happened. I didn't feel like I was a part of a family when I was told I could always apply again for other positions on property. Why would I do that when I worked there over two years and had earned vacation time and had my health benefits in order? Think about your employees as people and not just numbers. I know other places who haven't had to lay off anyone because they care enough to find a way to keep people employed.

For most of the employees up there, they are not compensated enough for the crappy clientele brought in who walk all over everyone up there. Start respecting your employees who can't defend themselves when a guest crosses the line. It happens too much and it definitely defeats the morale up there.

It's insane how we were expected to act a certain way when the owners came in. It felt like we were their personal maids and butlers. They came first before guests and that interrupted our priorities. I feared to be fired for saying the wrong thing to the owners because I've heard that to happen before. It was nerve racking to know they were supposed to arrive if I had to work during their arrival.

I will not recommend Nemacolin in the future knowing how poorly the employees are treated. I feel for my ex-co-workers who still have to put up with the injustices that continue. I do not recommend Nemacolin as an employer, either. Maybe for those high school or college kids working part-time, but it's not a place to have or try to start a career because once you make too much money or have your last name on your tag, you have a bullseye on your back, and it's just a matter of time before you're canned.

2. "Great"

Former Employee - Beverage Supervisor in Farmington, PA
    Former Employee - Beverage Supervisor in Farmington, PA

I worked at Nemacolin Woodlands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of perks, work/life balance is great.

Cons

Seasonal Work. Pay

Advice to Management

Fix up the place