Neogen - Insulting | Glassdoor

"Insulting"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Neogen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are a pro, they make the job bearable. A good place to glean experience before moving into something meaningful.

Cons

-Pay is dismal
-Minimal Recognition
-No Advancement Opportunity
-Placation of concerns by Management
-No reward for Experience
-No reward for Education
-No reward for Hard work

Advice to Management

Pay your people. When 5 year gross pay equals 12x less than Jim Herbert's 2012 bonus pay, this is unacceptable. Build a culture where individuals wish to build a career, not where people cannot wait to leave. Reward initiative. Reward innovation. When your highly trained and experienced technical staff makes 15-35x less than upper management, 2-3x less than sales and marketing, there is something horribly wrong with the company. Get rid of the inept buffoons that saturate the company and divvy up their salaries among those who actually work.

Other Employee Reviews for Neogen

"Do NOT bother coming to this company unless your goal is to stay at a horrible salary with no room for advancement."

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative, Diagnostics in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Neogen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros - I am warning everyone to STAY AWAY, worst job experience I have ever experienced.

Cons

To managers, we are disposable, so they could care less if we stayed or not. Down right worse pay in industry. Zero room for advancement, so expect to stay in the same entry level spot for years. Favortism runs rampid - managers have their favorites and if you are not one of them your life will be hell. Worst manager I have EVER had - extremely fake and backstabbing. My job tasks have not ever compared to the amount I get paid.

Advice to Management

Start to care about all of your employees - not just the ones who are deemed your 'favorite'. Please start to pay people more, the pay is an insult. Please look into all personnel who hold management positions - some people do not deserve to be managers even though they have been here 15 years as they treat their employees like scum on the bottom of their shoe. PLEASE start to care more about your employees. So far 4 people out of a department of 6 have put in their notice in less than 1 month - if you don't start caring you will always loose valuable talent and in turn the company will suffer.

"Decent Place to Start"

Current Employee - Tech Service in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Tech Service in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Neogen full-time

Pros

-The coworkers are, for the most part, all very genuine people.
    -It's an entry level opportunity to develop your skills so that you can move on at a later time.

Cons

-Compensation and benefits are poor.
    -Focus is on investor value, not employee development.
    -Very hard to move up, or around within the company.
    -Many individuals on sales team are inept.
    -Management does very little to motivate employees, no incentives for good performance.
    -Many labs are understaffed, but the company would rather do more with less than hire a few more people, thus helping their bottom line.
    -Nothing ever changes, implementation takes too long.

Advice to Management

You have some great people at your company, show them you actually care about them. Focus on employee development/more competitive compensation packages, and your bottom line will improve even more.