Nestlé - Was a great company (Dreyer's Ice Cream) until bought out by Nestle. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé

"Was a great company (Dreyer's Ice Cream) until bought out by Nestle."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Nestlé full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty decent pay, talented folks who work there. The benefits are excellent. Flexible work schedule. The department I worked for had managers that didn't micro-manage. Trusted us to do our jobs our way, as long as the end result was the same.

Cons

Expectations are high, no work-life balance. More and more of what made going to work special and unique from other companies, became quite the opposite. Changes being implemented by upper management. Company would promote "health and wellness company" but yet we are being asked to sell some of the most unhealthy products. (Hot Pockets, chocolates, etc)

Advice to Management

Not that anyone in management now even cares because come on, this is a corporate giant... but you should have really not messed with a company that was already running a tight ship. It's a shame what's happened to what was once voted one of the top companies to work for in the Bay Area. (NOT anymore)

Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé

"very difficult culture to get into"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Nestlé full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Slow and steady moving company that wins over time

Cons

Marketing is not viewed as a leadership role within the company.

Advice to Management

Let your people be agents of change you bring them in to be. Instead putting an effort to make them conform.

"I have worked with Nestle for many years moving up in the organization in Manufacturing."

Current Employee - Business Unit Leader in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Business Unit Leader in Solon, OH

I have been working at Nestlé full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and a stable work environment. Nestle shows an ability to adapt to the environment around it and show continuous improvement even when it doesn't seem like it has to.

Cons

Nestle does not adapt quickly to the customer's needs. Product launches are slow and frequently do not match manufacturing design capabilities in the factory.

Advice to Management

Need to get back to the basics of running manufacturing.