Nestlé USA - Good place to work, just make sure your in a money making position and not a cost position. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé USA

"Good place to work, just make sure your in a money making position and not a cost position."

Former Employee - Integration Team in New York, NY
Former Employee - Integration Team in New York, NY

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good company that supports employee development.

Cons

Very channelized, no place for someone with multiple skill sets, it's a "you do your job I'll do mine" type of place to work.

Advice to Management

Look into people's background for skills that are going unutilised and use that person more effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé USA

"Devolution into inhuman atmosphere"

Current Employee - Decline to State in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of time off if you're allowed to take it

Cons

I have declined many career opportunities while at Nestle because the people were so great to work with. It has always been a challenging, hard working environment but we got things done and moved the business forward. In the past year, so many major projects have been thrown at us that we are barely treading water. Some of the initiatives are utterly ridiculous. For example, I appreciate an emphasis on safety, but do we need weekly emails reminding us to wear sunscreen? Or a training video that implies someone DIED on the stairs of our Glendale building? Or fill out two "observations" a month reporting safety violations of our co-workers? The new continuous excellence initiative is fine for a manufacturing environment but is not adaptive to an office function - yet we're required to come up with transactional measurements that have nothing to do with how the business is succeeding or failing. The new CEO is a disaster to morale - he told a group of 800 salespeople that he "spits" on the fountain in the front of the building because it's shaped like a Carnation - a heritage company of Nestle in the US. Yet, the new company store is named "Henri's" after Henri Nestle, the founder of the company. Apparently, only the Swiss heritage of the company is important - like the Swiss flag he now flies in front of the building instead of the Nestle flag that used to fly.

Advice to Management

I used to bleed Nestle blue and I am looking for a way out. When you've lost your most loyal employees, you've lost. I guess you just bring in an ex-pat from another country to take my place. Good luck!

PS - Hey, Grimwood - the UK is the size of IDAHO! The US is not the UK!

"don't grow old"

Pros

money if you want hours this is the place to be if you want respect don't work here.and don't get old what ever you do you wont to retire from here good luck to ya!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

turn 50 they dump you like yesterdays news what because your old your not worth anything any more well you know the older worker is they are the best they know there jobs like the back of there hands.they work you like a dog until they burn you out to the point that you don't know what day it is you don't see your family theres no work life balance at all. your ok if you brown nose but if you don't they wont even give you a second look. favoritism is everything. you have to walk on egg shells you never know what mood someone is going to be in. watch all your friends get fired for stupid stuff that doesn't make any sence. they don't listen only what they want to here the rest is just noise go dead behind the eyes

Advice to Management

stop dumping you older employees it makes them very depressed and gives them a feeling like they don't matter like they are worn out like they are useless. stop and think how you would feel if it happened to you what goes around comes around karmas a b---h