Cover image for Nestlé Purina U.S.
Logo

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Purina is my first career and I cannot see myself anywhere else!

Feb 4, 2022 - Production Manager in Clinton, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purina is leading the industry in how they treat their employees. We have parental leave for both parents. This allowed me to spend the much needed time with my children and support my family during this exciting new time. There are numerous promotional opportunities for every level and team member. They are constantly coaching and developing the team for the next level. I can proudly say that we have one of the most diverse leadership teams out there! Lastly, Purina continue to drive sustainable manufacturing. We are a zero waste to landfill facility and are on the path towards 100% recyclable/reusable packaging.

Cons

We expect a lot out of every team member which leads to challenges maintaining a work life balance at times. Work life balance means something different to just about every single person; however, Purina continues to find ways to make improvements year over year as they truly care about everyone in the Purina family.

9 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Human Resources

Thank you for holding our sustainability and strong parental leave policy in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our associates and want to help them develop to their fullest potential. We appreciate you taking the time to share all your thoughts with us.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great environment

Dec 12, 2022 - Businsss Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people truly want to help you develop and grow.

Cons

Don’t always understand employee needs

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mostly ok…

Dec 16, 2022 - A Current Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great, the pet food discount is wonderful, and I really love the lifestyle spending account and brining my dogs to work.

Cons

There are SOME amazing people, however it’s mostly a popularity contest and if you don’t fit in you are excluded and made very aware of the fact that you’re not in the inner circle for your department. They are trying to be inclusive but most of the staff are out of touch privileged people, especially the leaders. I once saw a group on a tour with new employees and they had two older people taking several flights of stairs with no regard for the fact that it may not have been easy for them. One guy was lagging behind and I had to point him in the direction of where to go. Overall I’ve seen they are not disability friendly, and may even be bordering on ageism. It’s unfortunate that the younger crowd can make even the middle age folks feel like they have no place on the team. If you don’t like kissing butt you won’t get too far. Also the way they pushed older people out this year was ridiculous! They did it to avoid paying larger salaries. It’s disappointing to watch it happen.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

It’s disappointing to hear the cons you listed. We do not tolerate any sort of favoritism or ageism within our departments. Our recruitment process is confidential, allowing for anonymity for candidates to ensure an unbiased experience and hiring efforts. If you would like to learn more about our process, please visit: https://www.nestlejobs.com/nestle-purina/our-recruiting-process. Our organization leaders also communicate clear and realistic expectations with supervisors, all while ensuring that department goals are held in a team effort. We encourage you to conduct a conversation with your immediate supervisor to voice these concerns.

Discover more reviews about Nestlé Purina U.S..

Nestlé Purina U.S. Careers

Cover image for Nestlé Purina U.S.

We Believe Pets and People are Better Together We Stand Taller because we dare to make every day better. To give it our all. To put our...More

• Career Areas
  • Benefits
  • IT at Nestlé
  • Military

Nestlé Purina U.S. Photos