NetApp - Good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at NetApp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and good pay

Cons

Heavy competition from EMC, IBM, and others so NetApp is not a prosperous as it used to be.

Other Employee Reviews for NetApp

1. "great company getting cheaper and cheaper"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible working hours, good and friendly people, good environment, benefit is ok.

Cons

new management is horrible. made wrong decisions and using mba style to treat employee like a piece of something and named it "performance management" instead of develop people. follow the down trend of hp.

Advice to Management

as above

"Was once a great place to work, but it hasn't been in several years."

Current Employee - Business Strategy in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Business Strategy in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Volunteer time off, unlimited sick days, pay is okay, nice gym.

Cons

Since we switched to United Health, the benefits gone down. Some of our executives, middle management should have been giving the boot a long time ago. When the company are dealing with quality or sales issues, they lay off the lower level employees who are actually doing the work. Why don't the executives get cut too? There is no advancement in the company. It's not what you do but who you know. All the quality and sales challenges we face are completely within our control and preventable. Don't use the macro economic as the excuse. We have lost many of top talents to our competitors such as EMC, Nibble, VMWare. I am looking to leave this in next few weeks. My HRBP was kind enough to help me to negotiate a good salary package with the new company. We have let go a great a HRBP who actually knows HR and can answer everything. She was a great team player and respected by her clients. She was the catalyst that I expedited my departure.

Advice to Management

Look at yourself in the mirror and hold yourselves accountable to the same standards that you're holding the employee. Stop worrying about surpassing EMC and staying on the great place to work. If the company is so great, why are we losing are KEY TALENTS?? You have managers that can't lead people. You have senior executives in HR who are useless. GET BACK TO BASIC and GET FOCUS.