NetApp - NetApp has very warm and welcoming work enviornment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

"NetApp has very warm and welcoming work enviornment"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at NetApp as a contractor

Pros

People are friendly and you are allowed to take on as much responsibility as you like. There is always room to express your ideas and voice concerns which is one thing i definitely appreciate at NetApp

Cons

NetApp needs to review its compensation structure, recruitment and performance management processes.

Other Employee Reviews for NetApp

"Depends on who your manager is???"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great facility, decent benefits, and gym on-site.

Cons

All though it's a "best place to work" company, all is relevant. I worked for the company for 3 yerars, and was happy there. Made a mistake of getting close to my manager and knowing too much about her personal life as well as sharing about mine. ...Hard lesson learned. Got booted out right before that person got promoted.... I saw the ball rolling, and could do nothing about it. Manager just went to HR and created completely untrue occusations. Said I can have flex hours to come in, and then fired me for "being late for work". Seriously? And that's after I worked nights and weekends, without really declaring those extra hours....I guess I knew too much for her taste. Well, not such a great place to work if you get booted out by one person. Hard to judge company in a good light when one person can have so much power and HR just does what they are told.

"Awesome"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly great people, but if luck is not in favor of you, you can get into screwed up group. so be wary...

Cons

People working for too long in the same code/area, same old thinking. very dated... They don't welcome changes and revolutionary thinking. Overwhelming processes makes you less productive.

Advice to Management

Should identify why the company is falling behind the innovation. Still dealing with the 20+ years old technology. Overhaul by rotating old timers into new roles/areas. Also reduce people manager powers. Get rid of 1-5 ranking of employees and stop people managers to look for victims to place in 4 and 5 to get rid of them.. Instead put all this effort in cultivating the culture where everyone is equal and see how to get the best of every employee that got hired...