NetApp - Great people to work with and pays well | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

"Great people to work with and pays well"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, nice compensation, strong leadership, emphasize on culture and values in every leadership conversation

Cons

Company Growth rate is slow ; Lack of strong leadership in some units

Other Employee Reviews for NetApp

"Excellent. Just can't be more better"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-Life balance, Great Gym, Great testing and automation tools, everyone is polite and professional, lot of facilities, lot of parking and great product too.

Cons

No free food, no commuter benefits, Apple devices and gadgets are not given to all the employees, Gym is not opened 7 days a week.

Advice to Management

Have less number of managers.

"Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture here directly related to the great people - everyone was nice and upbeat. I was given responsibility and accountability for meaningful projects that made a difference. Entrepreneurial spirit is still strong here for such a large company. You are expected to work hard and get your work done, but you have control over your own methods. Everyone was helpful across the departments I got to work with. I truly get the sense the company cares about its employees, and at least once a month there was something cool going on around the work campus for employees.

Cons

I entered knowing little about data storage solutions technology - which can be an area that is difficult to learn up on. Still, NetApp has great internal training and knowledge management which helped me learn the basics of the technology quickly. Biggest con is that I can't stay and keep working for NetApp full time!

Advice to Management

Consider hiring specialized corporate level positions straight out of grad school (legal/corp. dev./management). It might invigorate even more those interns who currently know they can't be hired straight out of school. I know it's not standard procedure in the industry, but you may be able to capture real talent early on and at an entry-level cost.