NetApp - Great people to work with and pays well | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

"Great people to work with and pays well"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, nice compensation, strong leadership, emphasize on culture and values in every leadership conversation

Cons

Company Growth rate is slow ; Lack of strong leadership in some units

Other Employee Reviews for NetApp

"Great company with amazing culture"

Pros

-Great culture
    -many opportunities to connect with leaders
    -Full week of paid volunteer work per year for EVERY employee

Cons

-Must be technically minded
    -Difficult industry at the time with competitors like EMC - NetApp has a very high end product and not company needs that nice of a system so it is a difficult industry right now

"Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture here directly related to the great people - everyone was nice and upbeat. I was given responsibility and accountability for meaningful projects that made a difference. Entrepreneurial spirit is still strong here for such a large company. You are expected to work hard and get your work done, but you have control over your own methods. Everyone was helpful across the departments I got to work with. I truly get the sense the company cares about its employees, and at least once a month there was something cool going on around the work campus for employees.

Cons

I entered knowing little about data storage solutions technology - which can be an area that is difficult to learn up on. Still, NetApp has great internal training and knowledge management which helped me learn the basics of the technology quickly. Biggest con is that I can't stay and keep working for NetApp full time!

Advice to Management

Consider hiring specialized corporate level positions straight out of grad school (legal/corp. dev./management). It might invigorate even more those interns who currently know they can't be hired straight out of school. I know it's not standard procedure in the industry, but you may be able to capture real talent early on and at an entry-level cost.