Cover image for NetApp

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work if you want to be customer focused

Jan 31, 2022 - Solution Architect in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a Solution Architect that prefers to be customer-focused, and I absolutely love working for this company. I am armed with data and with plenty of resources to call-upon when trying to help my customer's design their solutions. I don't have to be the master of everything on-premises and in-the-cloud, but when I call on those resources to help me out, there is an expectation that I will stick with them and use the opportunity to learn. It isn't just about us selling stuff, but I feel like I get a chance to grow every day in my job.

Cons

Over the last two years we have had a lot of development of products, and also a lot of acquisitions. Unfortunately with COVID, we have moved our annual Insight Conference virtual, which makes it really hard to truly learn the new stuff we are doing. Sure, I can speak to it, but I am not as competent to get online and actually build out a customer's CVO instance like I can do with their traditional on-premises flash array / SSD systems. I think it is a curse across all of the IT industry, but we do need a chance to just "stop" the selling motion and get in and get our hands dirty with some in-person training.

2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Jan 23, 2023 - Worldwide Channel Product Manager and GTM Enablement in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great environment to work in

Cons

stock price not improving fast enough

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic company for employees when I joined, declined but still good a decade later.

Dec 29, 2022 - Principal Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance Encouraged and financially supported to train beyond the current role Active Mentorship encouraged Supports community service in employees Plenty of opportunities to react to crises and stand out for going above and beyond

Cons

Diminishing health benefits Market disrupted and transitioning primary products offered Excessively diverse portfolio of products that are post-mature and too complex to re-engineer Newer generation and culture of management that is encouraged to micromanage and limit natural standout talent from self-identifying and self-directed energy and effort Transitioned from a culture of hiring the best and most experienced from the market, attractive top talent to recent college graduate focus to reduce costs associated with headcount with the intention to "build" expertise and experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about NetApp.

NetApp Careers

Cover image for NetApp

In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We’re focused on one thing: helping businesses get the most out of their data....More

• Our Careers
  • Early in Career
  • NetApp Serves
  • Life At NetApp

NetApp Photos

+ Add Photo
NetApp photo of: Wrapping Gifts for Kids in the Cork Migrant Center
NetApp photo of: Employees enjoying International HQ Grand Opening
NetApp photo of: NetApp Employees in Cork enjoying the International HQ Grand Opening
NetApp photo of: International HQ grand opening