Netflix - Come join us! | Glassdoor

"Come join us!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Lots of new technologies to learn, upper management is very capable and highly effective

Cons

Fast paced, and a lot of work has to be done to become the best streaming company

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

"It was absolutely awesome, until I was let go."

Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Great Pay. Excellent Benefits. Smart, hardworking teammates. Opportunities to excel, be creative, be strategic. Managers are all excellent at managing their people, especially if you are a top performer they are hands off and supportive.

Cons

To be honest, I loved pretty much every day up until I was let go based off a rumor. The biggest problem is that in order to be successful at in the call center you have to "drink the Kool Aid." Which in all honesty I was happy to do, I got to work with some really rad people, and do really great work that I'm proud of. However, karma is, well you know karma is, and I let go of a lot of people that probably felt like it wasn't fair, and eventually the same thing happened to me. Loyalty to employees is not one of their strong suits.

Advice to Management

Honestly have the greatest respect for the management in terms of their abilities to do their jobs. I do however wonder in retrospect if the running of something as a team instead of a family is always the best way to do something. But then, perhaps it is.

"Great place...if you want to kill your career!"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Free monthly subscription. Good money but daily multiple firings are reminders of why Unions exist.

Cons

Upper management is not not consistent. For every one good Manager....you have 3 horrible ones. Not very good odds. :(

Advice to Management

Fix your issues...don't just fire everyone that does not fit to your company mold. You would be amazed at how many different ways there are to accomplish a task.