Netflix - Great place to work so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

"Great place to work so far"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

I've had a great experience so far, especially after coming from another company where it was all about politics and not about delivering results. My Netflix experience so far is that if you're smart and get stuff done, you will be appreciated and rewarded. If you're looking for hand-holding, this is not the place for you. But if you're entrepreneurial, self-motivated and like challenging the status quo, then Netflix is a great place to work.

Cons

None so far other than the commute. The lunches get a bit repetitive, but who's complaining when they bring it in for free? OK, I suppose it would be nice if they didn't always have meetings during the lunch hour, but that's about the biggest complaint I have - and I don't even really mind.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great talent and encouraging them to take smart risks. The past few months have been challenging, but learn from your mistakes and keep focused on delivering the best customer experience possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

"Don't waste your time if you live in the Bay Area! There are better places to dedicate your time!"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Free snacks, nice office, pays well

Cons

Disgusting management! When you're in a small conference room making a personal call and your mgr is in the storage room listening to your phone call or following you everywhere you go! My manager said he was very happy with my performance after 3 months of hiring me. He just got too weird so I resigned. Then he pulled me aside to tell me that I wasn't smart to work for him! What a jerk! His ego was hurt bc he didnt get to fire me! The worst place to work! I'd rather get paid a little less to be in environment where you are valued for your hard work!

Advice to Management

Stop taking manager side! It's the worker bees that is keeping your business alive, not the management!

"Quit, before you're fired."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Netflix does have some great benefits. They offer hourly employees a good starting wage, the break room is stocked with snacks, and employees receive a free Netflix plan. As an exempt employee the wages are great, much better than other companies. The freedom to take time off as you'd like is great, it's unlimited for exempt employees.

Cons

If you accept a job at Netflix, you'll probably be pretty happy at first. You'll feel liberated by how much "freedom and responsibility" you're given. You'll be allowed to complete things without much as far as guidelines and you'll be allowed to work from home if you'd like. However, as soon as you complete something that someone doesn't like, you'll feel differently. Your first mistake could easily be your last. There aren't second chances and no one is safe from being "let go". My advice to prospective Netflix employees: have a savings and jump ship as soon as you can. It's only a matter of time before you're asked to go to a conference room and find yourself starring at a red Netflix packet...

Advice to Management

Wake up and start treating people right...what goes around, comes around