Netflix - Fast paced environment that was a great experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

"Fast paced environment that was a great experience."

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you do your homework ahead of time you will know that it is not likely that you will retire from Netflix. If you didn't do it before hand and decided to work for Netflix and were shocked at its fast pace and rapid change then shame on you. The company is exactly what it advertises itself to be.

I completely enjoyed the team I worked with and all of the challenges we faced. It has almost been a year and I can honestly say it was a great experience and I miss the folks I got to work with. Netflix has chosen a unique path in regards to customer service and is willing to take new and or different approaches. It is a rewarding experience to generate an idea and have that idea implemented within the same day. Not everything we tried worked but many of things we utilized did work and were very rewarding in there success. If customer service is your chosen profession you can learn a lot from working with this company and gain insight into what would improve an industry that has chosen a path of mediocrity and failure.

Cons

Qwikster...that pretty much says it all.

Advice to Management

I genuinely enjoyed the direct and honest conversations I had with peers, HR, and my boss. This is something unique in my experience and I would hate to see that change. Keep the cereal, fruit, ppt decks, video games, ping pong, and coffee going the reps love that.

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

"Churn and burn"

Former Employee - Call Center Support Staff in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Call Center Support Staff in Portland, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people there (fellow employee's)

Cons

Every call you get can result in a survey with either a "yes" or "no" if they were satisfied with Netflix. You can get anywhere from 40 to 120 calls a day and the survey feedback was instant, meaning as soon as the caller input their survey you were notified. 2 "No's" could wipe out a whole day of "Yes's" and a lot these callers were incredibly unstable. Anything from people not remembering their password to the website to death threats. You had just 4 minutes to try to make them happy somehow and get them off the line before you got an instant message asking what the problem was. If you had to many "No's" you get fired on the spot. Call time too long? Fired. People came and went so much I didn't want to get to know them well because I knew they'd be out the door shortly. I had an incredible team coach that had a lot of faith in me which allowed me to persist in this enviorment. When the whole "separate dvd shipping and online streaming" failed they fired him and many, many others. I hung around for 9 months before I quit, the pressure to make metrics was savage and it was estimated that only 5% of the employee's would make it to a full year. I could go on with situations where the customer was extremely abusive, said no to the survey and went way way over the 4 minutes I was allowed only to have my job threatened for not meeting metrics but hopefully you get the idea.

Advice to Management

My advice to management? I wouldn't know where to begin.

"Avoid- Plenty of Fish in the Sea"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inexpensive health insurance
    Unique work environment

Cons

Where do I start.... I am a highly educated, sharp, always employed individual and I found it very challenging to work for Netflix long-term. I've been employed in restaurant management, accounting and retail (just to name a few) and this company was by far, the worst place I've ever worked. At my youngest, I was a Merry Maid and I even found that much more enjoyable then slaving away to constant surveys, unintelligent callers and unrealistic expectations. Forget about taking vacation- embrace ocassional, mandatory over-time. Expect callers to personally threaten you and your family. Schedules constantly change to odd hours- no matter what your "ranking" in the center is. Little or no promotion within. I gladly chose to discontinue my employment with Netflix voluntarily and my quality of life has greatly improved.

Advice to Management

SMH- if you've made it this far, you've drank the Kool Aid.